In fashion, visuals often speak louder than words.
So, this fashion month, the Business of Fashion is asking the global fashion community to join the #TiedTogether movement and send a clear message to the world that you believe in the common bonds of humankind – regardless of gender, sexuality, race or religion. A message that we need now more than ever.
How can you join?
– Tie a white bandana around your wrist, neck, head or handbag.
– Upload an image of your bandana to social media.
– Tag someone to show your #TiedTogether as friends, family, neighbours and humans.
– Register your support on the #TiedTogether website.
And to you industry professionals:
– Designers: incorporate a white bandana into your fashion show or wear one for your final bow.
– Models: wear white bandanas to castings and between shows.
– Street style photographers: shoot people wearing white bandanas.
– Editors: include images of white bandanas in your round-ups and fashion week coverage.
This movement is starting today at the Tommy Hilfiger show in LA. The white bandana will be incorporated into fashion shows, worn by celebrity guests, and embraced by the fashion community around the world as Fashion Week heads to New York, London, Milan and Paris.
We’ll be wearing ours. Will you?