Reading & Leeds Festivals are now a distant memory, but luckily we have the strange and beautiful Petite Meller to transport us back to the muddy fields via her exclusive Wonderland photo-diary.
Pioneering her own self-titled genre, “Le Nouveau Jazzy Pop”, Petite Meller provokes nostalgia, thought and intrigue through the music she creates. Having caught the media eye with her first foray into the pop-sphere – “NYC Time”– her last offering “Baby Love” has garnered her global attention and we can’t wait to see what the remainder of 2015 has in-store for the promising artist that celebrates the surral and the absurd.
Petite kindly gave us an exclusive insight into her experience whilst performing at Reading & Leeds. Enjoy.
1. I met Olly Alexander from Years and Years backstage, we felt related.
2. I love to be interviewed by nice gentleman who wear pink.
3. I tried to play this football table with myself but all my champagne fell inside so the new pool game I created was a bit too hard to handle. I felt like i’ve won anyway.
4. I love the traveling Circus aesthetics of Festivals.
5. I always feel like a creature who landed out of space.
6. The Reading and Leeds crowd were dancing their pain away with me, and thats why i’m doing this.
7. With Richie on the Sax, Smiley on percussion and Kadim on keys, they’ve all come from classic Jazz, we’re laughing so much, i’ve got a stomach ache.
Petite will play a headline show at London’s Heaven on October 15th – tickets are available here.
Photography: Noa Penn
Styling: Adele Cany