As Cadenza unveils his brand new Summer-tinged single “Foundation” feat. Stylo G and Busy Signal, we decided it was time we delved that little bit deeper.
Following on from the release of “Electric Blocks” and “When Will I Stop Dreaming”, Cadenza’s new effort “Foundation” speaks volumes of talent, as his trademark sonics hits us with full force. At just 25 years old, west Londoner Oliver Rodigan has established himself as an artist-to-watch in both the UK and across the pond.
Cadenza co-produced “Black Scorpio” and “Alchemy” on TALA’s breakthrough EP as well as the first single “Where I’m From” on Kiko Bun’s forthcoming LP, via Island Records. Prior to that he cut two tracks on Grammy nominated artist Ryan Leslie’s Black Mozart album, as well as releasing his forward thinking club tracks on Mad Decent, Fool’s Gold and MixPak. We delved that little bit deeper and found out a couple of things that you may not have know about him. You’re welcome.
1. Oliver runs his own label : The Full Hundred, which is a part of SONY Records.
2. Oliver spent much of 2014 touring with Major Lazer, alongside Diplo and the team.
3. Oliver hadn’t tried eggs until he was about 18. They always looked like pieces of rubber to him.
4. Gussie Clarke (who produced No No No for Dawn Penn and runs Anchor Studio in Jamaica) gave Oliver his first sound card and a bunch of virtual instruments to use when he was first starting out. I still use that same Mbox2 today.
5. He has birthday drama: “Sometimes I wish my birthday wasn’t right in between Jesus’s and New Years Eve. That sucks”
“Foundation” is available for pre-order now.