We find out 5 things that you may not have know about Manchester’s newest exciting export, JP Cooper.
We met JP Cooper at some point last year when we sat down and grilled him for a New Noise feature. Fast forward 12 months and it seems like a fair amount has been happening since he released his last EP ‘Keep The Quiet Out’. Hailed as the Future Sound of 2015 by Zane Lowe, announced to play this years SXSW Festival and a new EP ‘When The Darkness’, released today then it’s no wonder the hype continues.
1. “When I was little, I had a bit of a Geordie accent. I spent my first few years living with my grandparents in Darlington”.
2. “If It wasn’t for music, I would have been a physiotherapist / trainer. I trained 4 nights per week and raced on weekends”.
3. ” I studied P.E, Biology and English Literature at college”.
4. ” I once had two pets frogs. Their names were Mowgli and Baloo”.
5. ” My first gig outside of school was at a punk rave in a basement in Manchester City Centre. I fronted a band called Baz Gets Bullied”.
When The Darkness Comes is out now.
Words: Shane Hawkins.