Previous New Noise star, Petite Meller gives us a glimpse into her strange and beautiful life.
Petite Meller is a purveyor of obscure, visceral pop that celebrates the surreal and the absurd. Meller says: “I only make music for the reason that I didn’t have anyone to dance with,”.
Fans include Radio 1’s Rob da Bank and Huw Stephens, who were blown away by her much talked-about debut single Backpack. Meller currently lives in London and is working on her debut album. She kindly took time to document 7 days in her eccentric and magical existence.
1. A philosophy conversation with strangers in the park.
2. At a Car boot sale with my stylist Nao Koyabu.
3. Blue ice.
4. Rehearsing with Winden, my percussionist.
5. A new book I bought in my favourite Karnac book store on Finchley Road.
6. Shooting at Tatsfield by Tomek Sierek.
7. Yamaha piano room, second floor, I just stop there sometimes to play.
8. Freud’s working table at Freud’s original house in Maresfield Gardens. Archeology was his first passion.
Petite Meller is set to release her forthcoming NYC Time/ NYC Time remix) on August 18th via Night Beach Records via digital and limited edition 7″ coloured vinyl: http://nightbeachrecords.bigcartel.com/product/petite-meller-nyc-time
Words: Shane Hawkins.