In-between being insanely talented, successful and releasing an incredible new record, Angus & Julia Stone document their tour diary for us
Having had a massively successful time as a duo, with their albums “A Book Like This” and “Down The Way”, both critical and commercial successes, along with sold out tours across the world, Angus and Julia decided to go their own way. They both continued as solo artists, each songwriter revelling in the freedom of a singular vision, there was absolutely no plan to re-team.
It took legendary US producer Rick Rubin to spark the flame. Rubin heard Angus and Julia’s music playing at a friend’s party and quickly decided he had to get in contact and invited them to LA and the rest, they say, is history. Four years on from their last joint effort, Angus & Julia have delivered an album that defies expectations. Call it a coming of age or a re-invention, but the new self-titled record is their most exciting, visceral listen yet. The pair took time out of their hectc schedule to capture some outstandingly, beautiful moments in image-form exclusively for Wonderland.
1. A moment before our first show together.
2. On our way to stage at a show
3. Warming up.
4. In-ears for the band – Julia, Angus, Ben, Rob, Solo and Chris.
5. The perks of being a wallflower – Rob & Ben (bass & guitars)
6. All kinds of wild and wonderful people wandering through the backstage area.
Hurricane Festival, Germany
7. Little boat pottering into shore to listen to the music lining the streets.
Lake Geneva – Montreaux Jazz Festival
8. Brilliant festival! Got to watch Metronomy play – a true delight. Wonderful light show.
Rock Werchter festival – Belgium.
9. Friendly giraffe came over and lowered his head to our hands. Hungry for love… Or food.
‘Best Kept Secret’ Festival, Holland
10. Julia & Ganesha
Michelberger Hotel- Berlin.